Letter Writing I


-->
Letter-Writing Page 1

Guidelines
Formal Letters
  1. Heading : It consists of the writer’s address and the date on which the letter is drafted.
  2. Inside address : It comprises the mailing address of the recipient. It is written on the left-hand side, a space below the date.
  3. Salutation : Salutation appears at the left-hand side about two space below the date. The first and the last word of it and all nouns in the salutation are capitalized. Sometimes names are used, when the addressee is known personally to the writer:
Dear Sir/Sirs, or Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss & name
  1. Subject Heading : The subject Heading is written below/above the salutation in the middle. It enlightens the task of the dealing clerk in the quick disposal of the order, case, etc., as
Sub: Supply of Reference Books
  1. Complimentary Close : The complimentary close appears at the left side two spaces below the last line of the body of the letter, as :
Yours faithfully, or Yours sincerely, Yours truly
6. Signature : The signature appears just below the compliment

Letters to Editor

STOCK PHRASES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR
At the beginning:-
  1. I would like to draw the attention of the people concerned regarding……….
  2. I would like to voice my views on………
  3. I would like to ……… voice my concern regarding/Express my views on/Share the concern of/draw the attention of the officials concerned regarding.
At the Ending:
  1. I earnestly hope necessary action is taken in this regard by the officials concerned.
  2. I hope my views reflect the voice of the common people.
  3. I hope suitable action is taken by the officials concerned to make the life of citizens easy and comfortable.
  4. I earnestly believe action is taken in this regard.
  5. Suitable directions may kindly be issued by the authorities for a suitable action over this issue/
  6. I hope an early action is taken in this regard by the authorities concerned.
  7. The authorities concerned may kindly initiate necessary action…

On general Topics :-

Kindly allow me to voice my concern through your esteemed daily regarding-----
I earnestly hope the ideas reflect the general mood of the public.
1. Write a letter to the editor The Hindu, Delhi informing the Deteriorating standard of living. Sign yourself as Gopi \ Gajala

Ponnusamy
Lodhi Colony,
Delhi.

1st April, 2012.

The Editor,
The Hindu,
Delhi.

Sir,

Sub: - Deteriorating standard of living in Delhi.

Through the widely read columns of your esteemed daily, I would like to voice my concern over the deteriorating standard of living in Delhi.

A recent survey conducted by Delhi University puts Delhi in the seventh place among Indian cities in the standard of living. It is said that thirty percent of the Delhi’s population is unemployed. The number of slum dwellers is on the increase. The population moving in to the national capital city worsens the problem.

Employment opportunities in both the governmental and the private sector should be increased. Opportunities must be explored to increase self-employment especially in the suburbs. Farm loans could be provided in the suburbs of the city to control the population from moving into the national capital. Slum Clearance Board will have to provide alternative accommodation to the slum dwellers.

I hope my views reflect the voice of the common suffering people.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Gajala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips & Examples of Report Writing - XII English Core

XII Eng. CBSE Chapter-01 The Last Lesson- Key Points to the Questions

SAMPLE COMPLAINT LETTER